ZP Group is currently seeking a Manager of Credit & Collections in our McLean, VA Corporate HQ. This position is primarily responsible for directing and managing receivable collections and bad debt management for all customers spanning our three operating companies. Tasked with maximizing company cash flow by assigning collections team to carefully and thoughtfully engage customers to pay according to contractual terms. Makes recommendations and/or determinations, when appropriate, regarding the issuance or continuation of credit.
Revenue: Approx. $90M with consistent 40% growth
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must ensure timely follow-up and collection of customer accounts receivable. This includes collecting accounts with company resources, utilizing outside agencies or taking legal action when necessary.
- Audits delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure efforts have been exhausted before recommending assignment to bad debt status.
- Works with Finance and CFO to determine which accounts to write off as bad debt or uncollectible. Presenting and providing rationale to support determination.
- Monitors and negotiates on the payment of past due accounts utilizing the guidance from Finance and the CFO; establishes procedures for final demand of payment.
- Develop and maintain procedural and training documentation for all credit and collections processes.
- Negotiate payment terms with customers on past due accounts.
- Establishes and reviews credit for customers, manages compliance with credit limits, and communicates credit decisions to sales, pricing and customer service as appropriate.
- Prepares and/or assists in all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports related to credit and collections.
- Serve as an active team member with all business units Leaders to ensure best return on accounts possible; meeting regularly with Business Development staff and Chief Revenue Officer.
- Monitors department staffing to ensure adequacy in meeting departmental requirements. Recommends staffing changes when necessary.
- Trains, motivates, and evaluates subordinates with a hands-on approach. Provide the department with positive management leadership. Effectively communicate with each employee their goals and provide them with feedback. Reinforce positive behavior.
- Establishes metrics and reports results on success of the Credit and Collection efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- 7+ years related Credit and Collection experience
- 3+ years managing a Collections team
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Internal ZP Group Opportunities
Mclean, VA 22102