Piper Companies is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to be tasked with computing and preparing data for journal entries, general ledger, and related financial statements; performimg day-to-day general accounting functions. This is a Fulltime position at our Corporate HQ based in McLean, VA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT INCLUDE:
- Prepares general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation.
- Generates and files monthly financial reports.
- Develops, analyzes, and prepares periodic financial statements for timely distribution to management.
- Assists with accounts payable functions including but not limited to verifying invoices, expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions; entering data into accounts payable system; and processing weekly check runs.
- Accrued rent, accrued salaries, prepaid expenses, tax accruals,
- Prepares and analyzes monthly journals.
- Performs daily banking procedures.
- Maintains fixed asset and related depreciation schedules.
- Assists with annual external audits.
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Prepares account analyses and reconciliation.
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; recommends improvements.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years related experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- NetSuite experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
COMPENSATION FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT INCLUDE:
- Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Unlimited PTO, 401k
If interested, please send resumes to Mike Hanlon at email@example.com
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Internal ZP Group Opportunities
Mclean, VA 22102